Nothing short of wondrous.
– Sara Cardace, New York Magazine
Cry if you must-then go to www.angelsinthedust.com and do something.
– Ella Taylor, Village Voice
The childrenâ€™s painful, intimate stories humanize an incalculable crisis and will haunt audiences long after the filmâ€™s end.
– Critics’ Pick, Laura Kern, New York Times
A moving, stunning example of unadorned filmmaking.
– Neely Tucker, Washington Post
It thoughtfully illuminates a seemingly unsolvable problem while proving that one person really can make a difference.
– Jeff Shannon, Seattle Times
Writer-director Louise Hogarth shrinks an enormous issue down to human terms.
– Robert Abele, Los Angeles Times
One of the most staggeringly straightforward looks at death I’ve ever seen. The movie’s grace note is its subtlety.
– Wesley Morris, Boston Globe
Audiences will be drawn by the children’s irresistible spirits and by Cloete’s fierce blend of goodness and outrage.
– Moira Macdonald, Seattle Times
An inspiring portrait of a saint battling for the lives of the sick and forsaken in a frightened and superstitious world.
– Bill White, Seattle Post-Intelligencer
Itâ€™s not just children whom Marion Cloete and her family are rescuing in the de facto orphanage and school theyâ€™ve set up in rural South Africa, but childhood itself for these pint-size refugees from rape, child prostitution, hunger and â€” above all â€” an AIDS epidemic thatâ€™s killing by the hundreds of thousands.
– L.A. Weekly Movie Critics Pick of the Week